Twenty30 is a four (five now) piece outfit from Philadelphia playing Rock N Roll with a punk attitude and relentless energy. Building a following from regular airplay on www.indie104.com and live shows, Twenty30 appears poised to break out on the national scene. Their debut recording, Departure, was release in July 2008. Departure includes six songs mixing modern rock edge with a punk mentality and classic rock finesse.
1) Introduce yourself:
Hello! We are Twenty30 from Philadelphia, pleasure to meet you it’s a real honor.
2) How did you come up with your stage name?
After many disagreements and quick band name changes we were in the studio recording our first album and as a last resort Lyle our singer/rhythm player said how about real serious (jokingly) and said what about our ages, as some are in our twenties and some thirties and finally it was settled.
3) What sets you apart from other aspiring artists?
What sets us apart is a real desire to make a family of our friends and fans, we all work full time and some of us are married so our time away from home and our spouses means we really want everyone to have a good time and hang out together including ourselves. Considering our free time is limited, it makes for a more memorable experience to play with bands we enjoy and are friends with and hang with people who all get along and want to party together! Too many bands just want to climb to the top of the charts, we make music we love and want to share with others.
4) What single or project are you currently pushing?
We are currently pushing our new self titled E.P. we finally feel like we really captured our live sound and put it to tape, we put everything we had into this and you can stream the whole thing on our website!
5) What is the philosophy by which you live by?
Have fun and keep your family and friends close to heart.
6) Which artists have inspired you to pursue music?
Led Zeppelin, Radiohead, Foo Fighters, Metallica, Black Sabbath, Brand New, Incubus, Superchunk
7) Who does most of the songwriting?
Lyrics are by Lyle, all music is a complete band effort.
8) What is your opinion of the current state of the music industry?
It is overly accessible now making it harder for original bands and a real fight to get peoples attention, but when the hard work pays off it makes the experience unforgettable and something to be proud of
9) If you could change one thing about the music industry what would it be and why?
People have really lost touch with albums as a whole, it is always better to judge by the whole product!
10) Are there any singers/ bands that you would like to collaborate with in the future?
Anyone who enjoys our music and wants to get to know us, bands come and go, friends can last forever!
11) What producer would you like to collaborate with in the future?
Mike Sapone, Gil Norton
12) What Is your favorite movie and favorite book?
Hard to say for all of us but I know we all enjoy Lord of the Rings and the books behind the series.
13) What is your favorite part of your live show? How has It evolved?
Finding ways to make it better is always fun for us, we continually strive to be better and make the experience more enjoyable for our fans. Our live show has evolved to be more interactive with our friends and to keep moving and keep peoples attention. We want to work hard for you and give you something to remember!
14) What is your Lp going to be like?
Fast, loud and dynamic!
15) Any final words for the people.
Thank you for your time, it really means a lot and we’re always open to any questions people may have. You can stream our new e.p. and give us a shot over at www.twentythirtyrock.com/merch, see you on the road!